A selection of Seasonal Japanese Sozai dishes, including some of our popular menus at our last restaurant in Piccadilly.
MENU for two
Deep Fried Lotus Root Sandwich of Prawn Shinjo served with Japanese Sansho Pepper Salt
Braised Chicken and Potatoes in Rich Soy
Braised Carrots Tossed with Almonds
Grilled Miso Cheese Courgette
Tomato Ohitashi in Dashi Broth
Dispatching 16th June is a Sozai set with crispy bouncy shrimp shinjo, sandwiched in lotus root and deep fried. New potatoes are braised with chicken in rich soy, giving them a magnificent umami boost. Sides include carrots sauteéd with roasted aromatic almonds, accompanied by courgettes and tomatoes entering their prime season.
Vacuum sealed So Sozai Selection can be warmed and enjoyed at any time you wish
Unlike delivery food that is best eaten as soon as it arrives, these air tight packages can be stored in the fridge from 3-7 days (depending on dish, details will be on each packet).
Serve the package with rice and miso soup and make a meal for two or enjoy them one by one over a a few meals, there's flexibility!
A little bit about the word 'sozai'
Sozai has two meanings. 素材 (pronounced sozai) that means ingredient(s), and 惣菜 (pronounced sor-zai) which describes pre-prepared and packed main and side dishes that can be reheated and enjoyed at home. Similar to what may be referred to as 'deli' in some cultures.
So Restaurant's delivery is of the latter 'sor-zai', which is typically eaten as accompaniments to rice and miso soup.
One delivery of 'sozai selection' will make a substantial meal for 2 people, when served with rice and miso soup. We often hear that it was enough for a family of four, or a couple enjoyed it slowly over a few days. Please bear in mind, these are subjective comments and will depend on all sorts of factors including how hungry everyone is!
- If you are not sure you’ll be in please leave instructions regarding where the delivery can be left, upon check out. As perishable goods the delivery needs to be completed on the first attempt.
- Limited sets available, early booking is advised
- Please refrigerate after delivery.
- Vacuum strength will depend on contents, and some items will be softly packed to avoid crushing.
- Recommended serving temperature and heating instructions are included in delivery.
- Menu can change depending on ingredients we are able to source.
- Rice and miso soup are not included.
- Pictures are for illustrative purposes.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries on ingredients or allergies.